The Governing Council is composed of parent, student and staff representatives and one nominee each of the Parents and Friends Association, the District Council of Meningie and the local Member of Parliament. The parent representatives are elected for a two year term at the annual parent meeting, which is held in Term 1. Half of the parent representatives retire each year.
Ordinary meetings of the Governing Council are convened monthly during school terms. They are open to all interested parents (though voting, is of course, restricted to Council members.)
Some of the functions of the Governing Council are:
1. To oversee the general well-being of the school.
2. To advise the Principal on the correlation between the work of the school and the educational needs of the district.
3. To monitor the accommodation, grounds and equipment provided at the school and to advise the Chief Executive Officer through the Principal of any alterations, additions and replacement considered necessary.
4. To contribute to the decision making regarding the effective management of school finances.
5. To act as a liaison body between the local community and the school in matters of general educational policy.
6. To help foster the very important parent/teacher/child relationship.
1 North Tce
Principal: Mrs. Monica Williams
Region: Murray Mallee